Concerted Action EPDB
The EPB Directive requires that Member States implement four main types of measures:
- Adopt a Common Framework for the calculation of energy needs in Buildings.
- Set up procedures for periodic reviewing of requirements for new buildings and for major renovations of large buildings.
- Set up mandatory Energy Certification of Buildings, carried out by recognized experts.
- Set up mandatory inspections of boilers and air-conditioners, carried out by accredited inspectors.
The global objectives of this CA are as follows:
- To enhance and structure the sharing of information and experiences from national implementation and to promote good practice concepts in activities required of Member States for implementation of the EPB Directive.
- To create favourable conditions for an accelerated degree of convergence of National Procedures in EPBD related matters.
- To complement the work of the Energy Demand Committee (Article 14 of the EPBD) and its ad-hoc group on CEN standards and Certification exercises.